.jpg)
My granddaughter Kaylin is very inquisitive which sometimes gives you an uneasy feeling not knowing how to answer some of her questions. However, last night she ask me "Nanny, why don't we read our Bible"? Notice the "we" in this question, as in the two of us since obviously a seven year old doesn't understand Bible language. Like any good nanny I told her that was an excellent thought and we would start our Bible reading tomorrow (which is now today). Now let me jump from last night to this afternoon. She calls me at work and wants me to take her (just her, not mom and brother) out to eat dinner. Get this, for some "alone" time for just me and her. My daughter Kerrie says she is going to remember that line next time she wants me to take her to eat (like I don't ever take her). Well guess what I did after a long hot day at work?? Yes, we had our "alone" time dinner. We started out going to Mexican and ended up at Chinese. Now let's jump back to tonight. We had our first Bible reading together. It went very well, we read from her five minute Children's Bible story book and then read the same story from her Bible. I am the one she (and Eli her brother) have wrapped around the little finger and I wouldn't have it any other way. I don't know which one of us received the bigger blessing tonight. It was a very good afternoon. May God Bless you all!
10 years ago
3 comments:
i was thinking about how we never spend time together and i don't really let you buy me ALL the things that i want...so, if you want, you can meet me at the mall and i will let you buy me somethings as we spend time together.:)
(i need to keep woking on it - it doesn't sound as sweet coming from me as it did kaylin)
she is such a sweetie!! no wonder she has you wrapped around her finger!! (kerrie could use some pointers)
Post a Comment