I could not leave for the beach without my morning study. Continued from "The answer to the Question":
The sad fact is, we are an anxious people. We are a nation of worriers. "Martha, Martha," Jesus observed gently, "you are worried and upset about many things." "Now wait a minute, Lord!" Martha must have wanted to say. "I'm just trying to serve you." But his tender words cut through her excuses and pretense. In one short sentence, Jesus diagnosed the problem that his plagued humankind since the beginning of time. It is the curse of anxiety. The ongoing burden of worry and fear. With the bite of the apple came the stark, terrible truth: Adam and Eve were on their own. Cut off by their own disobedience from the very God they needed, they grew chronically fearful and anxious. And so it has gone, all the way down to Martha of Bethany. All the way down to you and me.
10 years ago
1 comments:
Hey Sweet ady
Go have a look see at my blog!
Happy Friday- I am at the Beach-yippee!
I read my devotions everyday whether I comment or not -Thank you for this, I love you!!!!
Be blessed!
Lorie
Post a Comment