CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Here's your sign

If you've never been to Shaver's Book Store you should pay them a visit. It's not your Books A Million or Barnes & Noble, more like the little book shop around the corner. Now how's that for free advertisement? The point to my story is this: While driving to pick our lunch up I noticed a sign they had. I'm not sure of the exact wording but it said something like this: "Feeling like a fish out of water is a good time to visit the beach". Well, if that's the case I better start packing my bags (I wish). I thought I'd share some pictures from our trip to the beach last month:



From Left to Right:

Kerrie, Me, Kaylin, Eli, Ada (Lilah's grand daughter), Lilah (my friend and co-worker), Leonard (or Popi to Ada and Eli, Lilah's hubby), and McKenzie (Popi's grand daughter).





Happy little Eli (back when he had hair)









Our little movie star Kaylin






Until tomorrow, I leave you with this:

Footprints in the Sand
One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord. Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand. Sometimes there were two sets of footprints, other times there was one only.
This bothered me because I noticed that during the low periods of my life, when I was suffering from anguish, sorrow or defeat, I could see only one set of footprints, so I said to the Lord,
“You promised me Lord,that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I have noticed that during the most trying periods of my life there has only been one set of footprints in the sand. Why, when I needed you most, have you not been there for me?”
The Lord replied, “The years when you have seen only one set of footprints, my child, is when I carried you.”

0 comments: