Continued from Sunday's blog "The Call":
The message is this: Salvation isn't about what I do; it's about what Jesus did.
And Jesus' words to Martha are the words he wants to speak to your heart and mine: "You are worried and upset about many things, but only one thing is needed."
The "one thing" is not found in doing more.
It's found by sitting at his feet.
Catch that: Mary sat at his feet. She didn't move a muscle. She listened.
The only requirement for a deeper friendship with God is showing up with a heart open and ready to receive. Jesus said: "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls" (Matthew 11:28-29).
In the Living Room. That's where it all begins. Down at his feet.
10 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment