If you have not seen Meme Lorie's blog, please pay it a visit. She is doing a Pay It Forward that will touch your and most importantly some other precious people's life. I have already added one of her request to my prayer list and have done something for her second request - it was a breeze. I'm not good at this blog thing so bare with me-I was suppose to have a link to her site ( I have not a clue how to do that). So..... the best I can do is tell you about it. Go visit her if you have not-you will love her, I do. God Bless!
Now for Staying Close:
My sole responsibility is keeping my connection to Jesus Christ solid and secure. How is that done? It's really not that complicated. As trite as it may sound, the formula for intimacy with God remains the same today as it has always been:
PRAYER+the WORD+TIME=INTIMACY with GOD
Prayer is my heart crying out to the Lord for guidance and wisdom, for my own needs as well as the needs of others. As I focus my heart on him, prayer allows me to express my love through praise, to declare my absolute dependence on him alone. Then, as I wait before the Lord, he reveals his heart to me. One of the most precious ways God expresses his love for us is through his Word, the Bible, which is the second essential factor in intimacy. Isn't that wonderful? We don't have to wonder what God thinks, what he feels about certain topics, because to a large extent he has already told us through Scripture. Time is an essential factor in Living Room Intimacy for a purely practical reason. If I don't take time to pray, there well be no real communication in our relationship. If I don't take time to read God's Word, I won't hear his loving call. And if I don't make time to be alone with Jesus, our relationship will suffer, because time is integral to any relationship. That's what I want. That's what I need. And that's what I receive when I spend time in God's Word and in prayer. I get more of Jesus and, in the process, a little less of me. (From "Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World")
10 years ago
3 comments:
I HAVE HAD DAVID, REVA'S BOY on my mind for weeks now, i want so much his complete recovering, it is all i can think about
I can't believe that Lilah moved ahead of me on your blog list... this just isn't right... I have to go blog right now!!
nope. wrong again. it was YOU in Lilah's blog!! HAHA!!
Post a Comment