Good Wednesday morning! I hope any of you that may visit me today will have the best day ever-until tomorrow-and then I hope that's the best day ever-etc....
God Bless!
Jesus came to show us the way to the Father's house. Instead of making a once-a-year visit to the Holy of Holies, we're invited to dwell there. To make our home in God's throne room-or, if you prefer, his Living Room. But practically speaking, how is that possible? Jesus gives us a hint in John's gospel. "Remain in me, "Jesus says in John 15:4, "and I will remain in you." The King James translation of that verse makes the relationship even clearer. "Abide in me,"Jesus says. And abide means to live or dwell. Dwell in me, he promises. And I will dwell in you. All our "do and do," our "rules on rules," will never accomplish what Jesus can when we let him have his way in our life. But in order for that to happen we must be connected to him. It's not enough simply to be associated. To be acquainted. We have to be spiritually grafted on-to draw our life from him, to be so closely attached that we would wither and die if we were cut off. (From "Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World")
10 years ago
2 comments:
I love this and I love you-
Beautiful reminder "abiding" in Christ! I needed this today! Thank you!
Rebecca
PS I am a Martha too. :)
Post a Comment