Women say the darnedest things! Women are smart; women are insightful; women are introspective; women are observant; women are sensitive; and, often, women are very funny. "If I didn't laugh, I'd cry," we sometimes say. We laugh at the crazy predicaments we get ourselves into, and the crazy people in our lives, especially our families. Humor is one of our most valuable assets in life, helping us get through difficult situations without killing ourselves... or anyone else. The ability to laugh at ourselves is the best kind of humor. It helps us see things in the proper perspective, and it keeps us from taking ourselves too seriously. As Elsa Maxwell encourages us: "Laugh at yourself first, before anyone else can." (From: Witty Words Wise Women)
10 years ago
6 comments:
HI Debbie :o)
I saw your comment on my blog. Thanks for the compliment.
Send me an e-mail and I can send some ideas to you.
Happy Day!
Canela
jewelrybycanela@yahoo.com
Debbie - I loved the email that was posted and praising God you are aiming to not let anyone or anything steal your joy. Our joy comes from Him and Him alone!
Hugs and love,
Jill
laughter really is a blessing and a healthy release for all kinds of tension, good and bad. I've had so many big ups and downs in my life but if I didn't have laughter it would be too heavy at times to bear.
Between my grandkids and our young bully dogge, I always have something to smile about so I'm happy.
Thank you for the reminder and thanks for the encouraging words on my blog too.
reva
How true it is...!
Hey girl,
I started weight watchers at Flint River last week -it meets on Thursdays at 5:30.I was working on getting my mind prepared before I started.I am doing scale back ALABAMA at work. So now one of my coworkers had to see the gynormous amount I weigh and I cried.
Many times before i dieted becuase I wanted to be a smaller size or prettier , vain reasons really. Now I want the number to reflect healthier, able to live longer for my grandbabies.I want to be able to run if I want and not be out of shape -looking better in my clothes would be nice but it's not the motivation.
I am determined and it's like relearning something you've been doing so wrong for so long!
I need God's help for this one and also my friends.
So if you see me fall down-lift me up girl and I'll do likewise.
I love ya!!!!
Love this lighthearted post.
Post a Comment