What a waste! Why a whole bottle when a few drops would have been more than adequate? Why break the jar when it could have easily been poured? Why doesn't he tell her to stop? Judas thought as he watched the woman's shameful abandon. But Judas had hitched his wagon to a star, and he was committed to the ride no matter how rocky it got. Certainly the Savior would establish his kingdom soon. Worst of all, the offerings had started to dry up. Jesus wasn't nearly as popular as before, judging by the weight of the moneybag Judas wore around his waist. It was getting more and more difficult to embezzle funds. Judas pointed at the woman and her broken flask. "Why wasn't this perfume sold and the money given to the poor?" "Leave her alone," Jesus replied. "It was intended that she should save this perfume for the day of my burial," Jesus continued. "You will always have the poor among you, but you will not always have me." Judas looked to the other disciples for support. But they diverted their eyes, looking away, around, anywhere but Judas or the Master. All this talk about dying....there was no kingdom to come. So much for being part of a new Jewish parliament. The gig was up. Unless....
(From:Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World)
10 years ago
3 comments:
He knew Mary's heart?
Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love to organize...I go to friend's houses and organize...that is bad!
Have a great night!
-Sandy Toes
A good analogy from a familiar story. Short excerps which hold the attention and leave you waiting for more.
I am always to wordy and longwinded on my blogs and even my comments (see?). I could learn from you and others who condense better and cut off earlier.
Hmmm.. maybe I'll try it too.
Post a Comment