CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 24, 2008

Our Supreme Example

Jesus was the most balanced individual the world has ever known. In fact, that is part of why he came-to show us how to manage the tricky balance between work and worship, between what we do and what we are. "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind"; and, "Love your neighbor as yourself". You see, loving the Lord your God and your neighbor as yourself was and is the very thing God has always wanted us to do-it's a perfect picture of the perfectly balanced life. These two verses sum up all of the Old Testament and the New Testament combined. God wants us to love him. Really love him. And he wants us to love each other. Really love each other. That's how we can know we belong to him-if we have love one for another. Love for God. Love for others. Worship and service. These are the two ends of our teeter totter. Through love for God comes first, the two can't be separated. One flows from the other-and back again. That's what it means to live a balance life, a Christlike life. (From: Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World)

1 comments:

Lorie said...

I am restudying Elizabeth George's book LOving God with all your mind.I have thought about sharing the good parts like you have with us on the Mary and Martha book but I could never do it as good as you do!!!
I love you- I wish you would come be my SS teacher!
Lorie