While I was blog visiting this morning I read a beautiful post at Sandy Toes. She was sharing a story of her son and the blessings her family had received (you will need to visit her and read the complete post). I decided to borrow her icon below and post my on Thankful Thursday post.
Over at Valarie's blog she has a post requesting prayer for her mom (go visit and read, I'm sure she will appreciate all support and prayers from you).
Today I am especially thankful for the blessings of having both my parents still here with me. My mom is the strongest, nicest, most kind hearted person you will meet. She took such good loving care of my grandma until God called her home. My grandma had Dementia and could do nothing for herself. She gave up so much of her life to make sure grandma stayed with her and never went to a Nursing Home. There is nothing wrong with having to use a Home, my grandma had just been so worried about having to go my mom wanted her home with her. Now she is taking care of my dad that was diagnosed with Dementia a year ago last month. She never complains and never ask anything for herself. I also would like to thank God for blessing us with my Dad's health. He is doing so much better than ever expected (by the doctors, not by us). So on this Thursday I am extremely thankful for my wonderful parents and the love of our Lord!
10 years ago
4 comments:
i am so glad you have a dad...i am a dad, and i know my kids {5] appreciate me...i have oldsheimers, i made that up, but i do have trouble with my mind...lucy stern says i should take fish oil, which i have done before and it workks,,,give some to your dad...love the putz
Awww, you are so sweet, what a teriffic thankful post. I may snatch this from you because I thin we all have so much to be thankful for... Thank you for reminding me. LA
How wonderful...go back to my blog and I gave "credit" to the lady who did this "icon"..it was not me!! I could not remember but I found out today!!! She will post you on her blog if you are doing Thursday Thankfuls!!!
I am so thankful I have my parents too!!
-sandy toes
Thankful for your advice... Will try tonight.
Post a Comment