Letting your soul catch up. I can get to running so fast that I leave everything behind. Not just God. Not just people. I can lose my own soul as well. I think that's why God instructed us to observe a regular period of extended rest in the middle of our busy lives. That's why he gave us a Sabbath. We Christians set aside Sunday, the day of Jesus' resurrection, for our Sabbath. But the chosen day is not as important as the chosen purpose-to bring balance and perspective to our work-weary lives on a weekly basis. The Sabbath needs to be different, set apart; it has to contrast noticeably with the other six days. The Sabbath should be a day of devotion. It's meant to be spent in the Living Room. Kitchen duties can wait. This is a time to focus our hearts and our minds on God alone. The Sabbath should be at least partially a family day-a time spent not only with our biological families, but also with the family of faith gathered for corporate worship and fellowship. (From:Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World)
10 years ago
2 comments:
I like the idea of resting on Sunday's!
Beautiful reminder!
Post a Comment