This is the last I will be sharing of "Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World". Even though I read the book before going back and re-reading to share with you my blog family, it has been a wonderful journey. From your comments I feel it has touched and reminded many of us just how much God loves us and how little he ask of us. I will be doing the same sort of sharing with a book I am using now as a Bible Study. I think you will enjoy it also. Until then, here is the last part:
Perhaps you're already living in that place of perpetual ease before the Lord, simply serving him and loving him one day at a time. But if you aren't, if you are a struggler like me, take heart! God has a better way. When we come to the end of ourselves and our abilities, when we relinquish our lives, Jesus promises to use them. Little is much when God is in it. Especially if that little something is you and me. When we surrender our lives to Jesus Christ, we release the Lord of the Process to do his work. For it is in our weakness that Christ is strong. It is in our inadequacy that we find him more than sufficient. And it is in our willingness to be broken that he brings wholeness-more wholeness and completeness than we ever dreamed possible. But in order for that to happen, I need to persevere and be patient-because it takes a process to produce a product, and a process takes time. But never forget, Christ's beloved, this process is divine. God is right beside you! He is the one who's in charge. All he asks is that you partner with him and surrender to what he is doing in your life. So don't worry that you haven't arrived, my dear sister. Just don't give up on the process. Don't miss the journey. For it will be glorious! It will be worth it all.
A Prayer For The Journey
O Christ, do not give me tasks equal to my powers,
but give me powers equal to my tasks,
for I want to be stretched by things too great for me.
I want to grow through the greatness of my task,
but I shall need your help for the growing.
E. Stanley Jones
10 years ago
2 comments:
i have run out of blogging ideas..i could go back with weirded....stries of chicken grease but people tire of those, or religion, but people generally don't want preachin, but i do love your preachin
Aww.. this is kind of sad!
Post a Comment