As we surrender our hoops to the Lord Jesus, as we center ourselves in him, something wonderful happens. He stabilizes us in the turbulence of life. He steadies us in the midst of raging seas, and he guides us by the compass of his eternal love. As we partake of the Better Part, Jesus Christ becomes the steady balance in our life of constant motion. On those crazy, loopy days when I don't feel so "hoopy," I'm learning to reach for the Lord instead of chocolate-chip sedatives. I'm learning how to leave the Kitchen and head for the Living Room where Jesus waits, because that's where I'll find everything I need and everything I want. After all, it's not more Hula-Hoops I need to master. What I really need is more and more of the Master himself. (From:Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World)
10 years ago
4 comments:
Amen! Being "centered" comes from having HIM as the center!!!
More and more and more. He is the one thing I can not get enough of!
Ditto to chocolate chip cookies.
I love the ocean view picture you have at the top of your blog, by the way.
Your post was a good one to put into practice. Thank you.
Post a Comment