CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Me and my Dad

It has been one year ago this month since my daddy was diagnosed with Dementia. I just wanted to take a few moments to praise God for bringing him home from those hospital rooms and the nursing home. We may have bad days - my prayer is to except God's "periods and commas" where he feels they need to go in our life (read the post after this one). My faith is in Him.







Someone should really comb my hair!

7 comments:

Brandi said...

so precious, I love old photo's! Dementia is hard on our loved ones and also hard on us, you are in my prayers...

Lauren and Justin said...

Hi Debbie,
Thanks for stopping by my blog - please don't be a stranger!

Dementia is so hard on everyone involved. you and your family are in my prayers this morning :)

Kerrie said...

i like this pic. Papa is sooo cute!(and you too!)

Valarie Lea said...

Oh you look cute!

We are going through this right now with Logan's grandmother.

Anonymous said...

That is a precious photo. I am sorry that your father is ill and that some of the visits are diffucult. I am thankful that God has given presious memories to recall!

Connie said...

I know this has been a rough year for you ( in many, many ways ). It is hard to understand His master plan. I hope that one day you have as much joy as you have brought to my life! I love you! Connie

Amy Clemons said...

Oh... How precious! You have wonderful memories and they will last a lifetime. Like you, I just cherish each day with those who mean the most to me in life. Thank you for sharing your good times. There's nothing like being a Daddy's Girl. It seems that no matter how old we are still his little girl at heart.