CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Amazing Grace

As I began to understand grace-God's marvelous, amazing, abundant grace-in a brand-new way, I began to recognize the Holy Spirit at work within me, giving me the power and the desire to do God's will as never before. I wanted everything that Jesus Christ had to offer. And as I sought his face, I found that he'd been there waiting all the time, with a pitcher full of his presence, ready to pour. Wanting to fill me "to the measure of the fullness of God." Just waiting for me to choose the Better Part and meet him there in the Living Room. The Better Part is not out there somewhere. It is inside us, where Christ dwells by his Holy Spirit. Isn't that wonderful? We can't misplace the Better Part. No one can take it away from us, though unfortunately we can choose to ignore it. I have to let him in before we can enjoy our Living Room time together. And the door isn't always easy to open, even from the inside. But three little keys, I've discovered, can make all the difference. What are these three little keys? They're easy to remember because they each begin with C:
Consistency
Creativity
Conversation
(From:Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World)

2 comments:

Life on the farm... said...

Creativity... I wish she would tell us more about that. Riding in the car? etc.

Rebecca Lily said...

I love the 3 keys!

Those would be good to put on the wall in my home office. Excellent reminders!

Rebecca