Let's go back in time. When things were simple, at least for me. After all I was just a kid, what did I have to worry about? I had both sets of grandparents (except for my grand-dad on my dad's side) he died when I was about two years old. My brother and I would fight like any other normal brother and sister. We went trick or treating (without body guards). Played outside (even after dark) without any concern of someone hurting us. Played outside all day, I don't remember watching much TV or even wanting to. Waited for Santa to leave gifts under our silver tree with the round thing turning it blue, red and I don't remember the other color. Of course I had no clue just how good life was. I miss those days and remembering them makes me feel so old (no comments about my age). Going through old pictures bring those memories to mind. What are some of your special childhood memories?
This is a photo of my brother, my Nano (my dad's mother) and of course me (yes, I have always had bad hair days).
10 years ago
5 comments:
I love thinking back to those times ~ I miss my grandparents and all they meant to my life. I thank God that they gave the foundation on which my parents would raise me~ and I can not wait to be reunited with them again.
Thank you for this walk down memeory lane!
Have a wonderful weekend,
Krista
We had a silver tree with the turning light.. was the other color green? or yellow? I can hear it turning now... can you hear it, it almost sounded like it was going to get stuck and then, it would turn! Wow... other than that tree, which the branches were kept in paper tubes remember that? Anyway other than that tree, we always had a Charlie Brown Tree, my dad always cut one down somewhere around the farm and brought it home for us! Ice cicles thrown all over the place, and everything. Hurry up Christmas!
I love looking back on old pictures. The other day my sister sent me a link to a site that had old kodachrome pictures on it. It was so weird looking at those pictures and them not being in black and white.
recently I connected with an old friend of the family through blogland. I have been having such vivid memories of her. She used to babysit my brother and I and every christmas she would take us to her house to bake. I can remember the exact Christmas carols and the taste of those buckeyes. On Christmas eve she would come to our house and stay with us while my parents went to get to present stash. She was truly special to us.
how would you like to be 66 and long for the good old days, i did some reminising on my blog, but i feel guilty going back into time so that is why i satop and do book reviews and music reviews to keep myself current
Post a Comment