For those that were never blessed with knowing her...the grandmother in the picture is mine. The baby in the picture is also mine (Kerrie). Her name was Mary Turner Hobbs although to her grandchildren she was known as "grandma". She loved children as much as they loved her - a bunch! All children not just her own. She took care of several kids that will agree she treated and cared for them as they were her own. Did I mention she was the best cook in the world? If not let me just tell you YUM! She had five children (my mom Donnie Jean, Larry, Newell, Cebert and Wayne). I'm not sure if that's the right order or not. Six grandchildren, several (not sure the exact number) step grandchildren. She also had great grandchildren..lucky me she took care of Kerrie while I worked. I pretty much lived with her and my granddaddy most of my childhood. I always knew that I had two homes and was loved and wanted at both. She came to mind today to blog about while on my ride home from spending the day at my mom's. As every Saturday I take the grand kids (Kaylin and Eli) to my mom and dad's for a visit. We usually end of spending the entire day and eating dinner before coming home. We have been doing this since Kaylin was born. I feel it's important for the kids to know them and spend time with them. Okay, back to the ride home. The kids were in rare form today (which means they were really getting on my nerves). Fighting and yelling and fighting some more. Kaylin at times can have attitude and today she had plenty! Eli had his share of it also. Put the two together in the back seat of my car and you can just imagine the ride home. I had finally reached my limit and just yelled at them. I really felt bad about losing my temper (I didn't beat them or anything). I started thinking about my grandma and all the times she probably wanted to yell at me. As hard as I tried to remember I just could not think of one single time she lost control and just let me have it! Oh, don't misunderstand - she spoke her mind and did it well but always in a voice of patience. (I have many memories of her which I will write about in the future.) I told both kids that I was sorry for yelling and why I had yelled at them(wonder how many times I will yell before they go to bed, I should have just waited). I know that tonight I will pray for many people and many things but mostly for patience. The name is Nanny not Super Nanny!! God Bless!
10 years ago

1 comments:
ok. Next time you write about grandma, I am not reading it at work. It is only 7:00a.m. and now I have to walk around work with my eye make-up running down my face. I mis her sooo much!
Post a Comment