You shall love your neighbor as yourself. --Leviticus 19:18
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. --John 13:34
God does not say, "Love your neighbors." You cannot love the whole world. He says, "Love your neighbor." So take one person, one family. Start to pray for that family. Start to look for their problems, their needs--spiritual, material, psychological, all kinds of needs. Don't go to them with a tract; you will look like a salesman. Go to sell yourself. Go to give yourself to them. Let them know that you love them, and give your service to them. Jesus didn't say, "Let your mouth speak before men in such a way that they may hear your nice words and glorify your Father." He said, "Let your light shine"--your love! Good works are the evidence of our love.
(From the book "Disciple" by Juan Carlos Ortiz)
Love.... that's not much to ask of us!!!
10 years ago
7 comments:
Glad I could splash around with you today. This blogin' adventure is new to me, but simply delighted to meet other amazing women on this journey of joy.
Blessings from Costa Rica,
Sarah Dawn
and I'll be back to splash around again!
hi old bud, i have stopped bloggin for awhile but i like to keep tab on my true friends love the putz
I love your reading and analogy of the scripture about 'neighbor' vs 'neighbors'. I haven't been around to visit much lately but planning to keep up a little better.
This is wonderful! His words and your words today are such blessings.
Have a wonderful Sunday my friend,
Krista
Very nice.
We could all pick a person or family and give them our love and support. That is not too much to ask, and it's a great idea.
Love is never too much to ask.
ak
Happy 4th my friend!
Post a Comment