CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

28 years ago today...

I was two weeks past the due date, hot, and thinking I had a very bad case of indigestion. Did I mention that I also had one of those horrible summer colds? I woke up around 3am not feeling so well, it took Bob about one second to decide we were going to my mom's. She knew that indigestion didn't come every ten minutes... so after a phone call to the doctor off we went to the hospital. After hours and hours of waiting and watching other women come and go they decided to induce my labor and break my water... that was the first time I saw my knees in months. I still was being so brave and not wanting any drugs.... all natural. It was not long until I was asking for those drugs.. however.. I didn't get them because it was time to have our baby (we had no clue if it was a boy or girl). Here we go to delivery... and a few minutes away... we have a beautiful baby girl.

Bob and my dad had said all along that if it were a girl they would have nothing to do with her.. Wrong! The second they saw her they were wrapped. Now it's time for a name, we knew that if it were a boy the name would be Robert Clayton Milam because Bob's dad is a Sr. and Bob is a Jr. so.... no need to worry about a boy name. Bob wanted to name her Bobbie Lynn (after him and me since my middle name is Lynn). I said no thanks. She was named Kerrie (after my dad's middle name Cary) Melissa (after my great friend Tina Melissa). I did mention that I had summer cold with stitches in my private.... not a good feeling. Well, that's the day my first and only child was born. I wanted more children however, God knows what is best for our lives and HE knew she would be enough for me. I thank him for giving me the experience of pregnancy and allowing me to have my one healthy little girl. Happy Birthday my daughter.
I forgot to mention that also on this special day of June 2, 1982 it was my parents 25th wedding anniversary..... she was God's present to them.

6 comments:

Kerrie said...

thank you mom! i love you very much! you are the best mom ever!!!!

Amanda said...

I remember that picture of Bob and Kerrie.. they both look so sweet and innocent!! HAHA!!! ;)

Amber said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter!
ak

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to you and Kerrie!

What a neat way to remember the day she was born!

Blessings and love,
Jill

Putz said...

what a beautiful pregnant woman you are

Putz said...

you were...past tense