CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Beach Thoughts

What better way to start out.... my little man Eli having fun at the pool.

My little model Kaylin having fun at the beach.

I love the beach. The smell, the sound, the breeze, it just doesn't get much better. As I did what I love to do "people watch" my pondering thoughts today went to morals and values. Where do we get them? Why do some have them and some don't? I use to think we got them from those that raised us (parents, grandparents, step parents, etc.). I no longer feel that has very much to do with who we are. Sure, it plays a small part..... this is just my thoughts on the subject and you know what people say about that.... everybody has one! Here's just one example: my sweet grandmother had five children. Four boys and one girl. She raised them all the same and each one of them is very different. I've heard some make comments like "no wonder they turned out the way they did, look at the way the parents are". Again just my thoughts but.... BULL! I feel that once you reach a certain age just plain old common sense and conscience should kick in and make you responsible for your own actions. I really worry about our little ones. I see so many parents drink in front of them so will they think it's "normal" to drink because if mommy and/or daddy does it..... it must be right?? How do you tell them it's not when you do it yourself? I see them putting things, places, and people in front of their children.... again, how to you "make this up" to them? And will it be too late once you decide to? Okay, I guess I've preached enough on that. So... what's your thought on the subject?
Sorry I've not been around much... I'm praying that this trip will get me out of my "dumps" and get my JOY back!! Until next time, God bless you!!

2 comments:

Lorie said...

Have a great sun filled , love filled, seafood filled, grandbaby memory making filled, sand in my toes filled time aand come home and let me see your sweet face- I've missed your blogs and your sweetness!How about we talk about doing a ladies bible study when you come home!!! I love ya and I miss ya!
Lorie

Amanda said...

I tend to agree with you somewhat, because I do know so many people that have become great human beings inspite of the way they were raised.

you know, if you keep posting beach pics, I may just have to come down there myself to get MY joy!! ;)